More fun (mainly) free stuff for e-learning
September 13, 2009
Recently I subscribed to the full feed of elearninglearning and have seen some very cool stuff in just one week:
- A great sample of screenr (web-based free screencasting tool from Articulate), on how to create a cool effect in PowerPoint 2007: http://www.dontwasteyourtime.co.uk/video/video-bring-your-presentation-alive/
- Two different cartoon creators: http://www.cartoonsolutions.com/ and http://www.toondoo.com/ – you could be your own Dilbert creator!
- A virtual training provider. If you like the idea of Second Life, but want your own world, check out: http://www.vlcglobal.com/Default.aspx
- Audacity has come up a few times for sound recording of your podcasts, such as in this post:http://elearningcurve.blogspot.com/2009/09/podcasting-for-e-learning-recording.html.
- Mindmeister and a completely relevant example: http://www.mindmeister.com/28497934/how-hpt-evolved-into-a-discipline
- Wanna make your own mashup? Try Masher. It’s free – if I were using it, I would make it an orientation activity – have new folks create a scrapbook of their first week or month.
- Not free, but seems fairly cheap – “green screen” video clips – where you can download the clip and put it into your video…
Plus, some fun philosophical and introspective things. I particularly enjoyed Mission to Learn.